Tuesday 16 August 2011

21st Birthday pyjamas

Yesterday was awesome in some parts and sad and odd in others... Mum had this massive surprise planned in the morning... so I was dragged out of bed WAY too early for a birthday, given lots of nice presents, and some weird ones....including a nice charm of St christopher, on a really thick silver chain. I don't really like the chain, so I'm going to try and get it changed, and I think that's upset mum a bit, but I hope she can see it'd be better if i have something 
I like.... And then we went all the way over to Christchurch, to where the regatta was- funfair and stalls etc, didn't go on them, waited in the car park until an open top bus turned up....and that was my surprise...we were going on a sightseeing tour, complete with commentary, of my home town. So yeh. We spent about 2 and a half hours on this bus, then got off and went for a really nice lunch at one of the other hotels in my chain (so I could get discount) awkward conversation around the lunch table, with everyone on their phones, then had to forgo pudding to get back on the bus to ride home. I suppose she was trying to do something different, but now whenever anyone asks what I did for my 21st I'll have to say I spent the day on a bus.

I'm not insinuating I wanted masses of money spent on me, (talking about money Grandad gave me £40, and uncle chris completely forgot my birthday) I would have been happy with a day in a field with a picnic, but in what universe, does a 21 year old who spent 7 years getting a bus twice a day to school, want to spend her birthday on a FLIPPING BUS!!!! I sound really ungrateful I know.

The afternoon 'party' was not a party, it was mum's friends sitting around a table talking to each other and eating food that we spent ages prepping (on my birthday.) Though when Debbie arrived she did give me a really nice present, which was sweet of her. Everyone else gave me money, which is nice but quite impersonal. 

ANYWAY, in the evening I went to Cafe rouge with my friends, THAT was AWESOME, it was so nice to see everyone, I feel like i've been a flipping hermit with all this work and revision. They were all so chatty, all got on really well, and gave me the most amazing presents, with lovely long messages of love inside every card. I feel so lucky to have such awesome friends, they really saved my birthday :) Got slightly drunk and went home at 12.30 after thoroughly annoying the waitress, who clearly only wanted to go home, but nm! It was lovely, I love them all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment